AASP SUCCESS STORY - DIKSHA AHUJA



In a small town I just existed, with no hopes and dreams. It was a normal life that I was living. I was always in a struggle to know my skills better. Access made this possible for me. Access brought a tremendous change in my perspectives, my living actually it changed my whole life. I was able to speak in front of big crowd. I remember when I got selected for ASI 2010, amongst 50 students I was the only Hindu to participate; I had some fears because I never had faced the people. I was afraid how people will react and talk to me. But I wasn’t discriminated. I was welcomed and people were actually keen to talk to me and know our traditions. I delivered speech on the closing ceremony it was the first time in my life I was standing in front of more than 100 people. In the same year I was selected for the KL-YES program it was also because of Access. This cultural exchange program groomed me a lot. It gave me the purpose of living and dreams in my life. It introduced me to the word volunteerism and what does it mean. After coming back to Pakistan I started doing small projects in different schools, and shared my experiences. I became the part of non profitable team of Jacobabad ‘The Reformers’ as Director Activities. For the very first I along with my team organized Summer Camp. After all these small efforts, I was elected as Director Finance for PUAN Sukkur chapter.
I feel like a flying bird after Access and want to paint this society with happiness and positivism. Nothing in life is easy to get as it sounds but you have to become as strong as rock to not feel pain of the thrown stones.

Diksha Ahuja
PUAN -Sukkur

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AASP SUCCESS STORY - KINZA SIDDIQUE

AASP ACCESS STORY - MEHMOOD KHAN

AASP SUCCESS STORY - ALIYA ANWAR